To many businesses, trade secrets are their most important commercial asset. It can be as important, if not more important, than formal intellectual property rights. In order to safeguard your know-how, it should be kept secret from competitors.
How can we help you
To keep alive the possibility of securing patents, confidentiality of information should be considered at the outset before entering into discussions with any third parties, including business partners, manufacturers and suppliers.
We will help you:
- with the submission of ideas to third parties or investors and put such recipients of confidential information on notice that the information they receive is confidential and protected
- by preparing non-disclosure agreements (also known as “NDA”s or “confidentiality agreements”) with third parties and staff with access to protect confidential information and your business’ trade secrets
- regulate informal collaborations and idea development
- commercially exploit your know-how
- review and negotiate confidentiality or non-disclosure agreements
- secure ownership of intellectual property developed through use of confidential information
To speak to one of our IP solicitors, contact us by calling 0131 557 6450, or complete our online enquiry form to request a call back.
Latest NewsFrom the blog
What Are Moral Rights in a Copyright Work?
What Are Moral Rights in a Copyright Work? In the United Kingdom, moral rights are statutory rights conferred by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 allowing the creative author or [...]
How Can Confidentiality Agreements Help Protect My Business Idea?
How Can Confidentiality Agreements Help Protect My Business Idea? "How do I protect my business idea?" This is a frequently asked question we receive from our clients and one which is [...]
New Year’s Resolutions To Help Make You A Better Inventor
New Year’s Resolutions To Help Make You A Better Inventor Here are 7 inventing resolutions to take into the New Year to help you become a better inventor. For further information [...]