Copyright is a form of intellectual property protection. Legal advice is often required from a specialist copyright lawyer because, unlike other forms of intellectual property such as designs, patents and trade marks, there is no examination process for deciding whether to ‘allow’ copyright in a work in the United Kingdom. The main requirement is that a work is original, and the threshold for ‘originality’ is set quite low. If you have expended skill and labour in creating a work, and it is one of the types of ‘work’ that is covered by copyright, then it is most likely protected by copyright.
Below is a brief introduction to UK copyright law and some answers to frequently asked questions a copyright lawyer receives.
How can we help you with Copyright?
Our copyright lawyer services
Our copyright lawyers will help:
- Identify works in which copyright exists
- Advise on copyright ownership and ensure you own the copyright in any artwork, logos or software designed for your business – note payment does not equal ownership
- Sell or transfer your copyright
- Provide legal clearance advice on the use of copyright protected works owned by others
- You generate maximum revenue from your copyright protected works
- Take appropriate action against acts of copyright infringement
- Defend any claim of copyright infringement made against you
Speak to a specialist copyright lawyer today by calling 0131 557 6450, or complete our online enquiry form to request a call back.
Latest NewsFrom the blog
How Can Confidentiality Agreements Help Protect My Business Idea?
How Can Confidentiality Agreements Help Protect My Business Idea? "How do I protect my business idea?" This is a frequently asked question we receive from our clients and one which is [...]
Only Fools and Horses – Copyright in Characters
Only Fools and Horses - Copyright in Characters Can a well-known character, such as Del Boy, be protected by copyright in the UK?
Scottish Independence: Potential Impact on Intellectual Property Rights
Scottish Independence: Potential Impact on Intellectual Property Rights Scottish Independence: Potential Impact on Intellectual Property Rights in Scotland. Make an Enquiry Now To find out more or to make an enquiry [...]